The Consortium for industrial development of valleys of Tronto, Aso and Tesino (Piceno Consind) it’s an economic public body, pursuant to Act 05/10/1991 n. 317 and the Legge Regionale Marche 19/11/1996 n. 48.
The body was established as “Consortium for the Nucleus of Industrialization of Ascoli Piceno” with D.P.R. 08/01/1964 n. 103. With following Marche Region Law 19/11/1996 n. 48, the Consortium was called “Consortium for the industrialization of valleys of Tronto, Aso and Tesino”. Finally, with the Marche Region Law 04/12/2008 n. 35, the Consortium was called “Consortium of industrial development of valleys of Tronto, Aso and Tesino (Piceno Consind)”.
For more than thirty years, the historical role of Piceno Consind is related to the extraordinary intervention in the Mezzogiorno: the body, thanks to funds of Cassa del Mezzogiorno, gradually provided for the realizations of the main facilities for the industrial areas of the area covered, as well as to plan and manage the industrial establishments in these areas.
At that stage, the Consortium identified, planned and achieved 6 industrial agglomerations, with the main primary and secondary establishments:
- Ascoli Piceno-Maltignano (550 hectares)
- Monsampolo-Monteprandone (190 hectares)
- Comunanza-Force-Rotella (170 hectares)
- Offida-Castignano (65 hectares)
- Venarotta (29 hectares)
- Arquata del Tronto (11 hectares)
Since 1991, with the cessation of the intervention former Casmez in the province of Ascoli Piceno and the subsequent interruption of the flow of public financings for the establishments and for the management, the Consortium had to reconsider its role and reorganize its own management strategy. The lack of public resources made the body give priority to investments in settlements who could have an independent economic sustainability (waters’ cycle, methane gas, etc..) and to change the planning of the territoy to offer new settlement opportunities to companies. Despite the distinct reduction of public funds, the Piceno Consind made numerous and major establishments for the benefit of companies and population:
- in the agglomeration of Ascoli Piceno: the distribution network of methane gas, the strenghtening of the industrial aqueduct, the completing of the sewage networking, the reinforcement of the system of industrial purification (water treatment plant of Campolungo), the strenghtening of the system of the waste treatment extra-sewage (implant of Basso Marino);
- in the agglomerations of Valtesino: the realization of a networking of industrial and civil wastes, the distribution network of methane gas (Offida-Castignano), the reinforcement of the sewage plant of Offida;
- in the agglomerations of Valdaso: the realization of the networking of distribution of methan gas (Force, Comunanza, Amandola, etc,).